Billy Mays died of heart disease but drugs played a role. TMZ.com reported today that Billy Mays had a shocking toxicology report that included a grocery list of potent chemicals. Billy Mays died suddenly on June 28th in his home in Florida. While he garnered a significant amount of media attention, Billy (best known for his Oxiclean infomercials) died a few days after Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett.
As TMZ.com reports there were many legal and illegal drugs in his system, including cocaine.
“From the presence of metabolites of cocaine and the absence of cocaine itself, it was concluded that Mr. Mays used cocaine in the few days prior to his death but not immediately prior to death.”
Hydrocodone (Vicodin), oxycodone (painkiller), alprazolam (Xanax), nordiazepam (Valium), benzoylecgonine (byproduct of cocaine) and temazepam (anti-anxiety). Ethanol — alcohol — were also in Mays’ system.
Ouch. That’s quite a cocktail!