CELINE DION is still sick and has cancelled more of her concerts in Vegas,
Oh, man. Not again!
According to the latest entertainment news, Celine Dion has scrapped more of her upcoming concerts at the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas due to her very persistent viral illness that caused an inflammation in her vocal chords. After canceling shows upon being advised to take a few week’s rest, the singer, whose songs “My Heart Will Go On” and “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now” are still widely popular, Celine was due to come back on stage on March 3 but continued on to canceling more shows when she didn’t get better.
The Vegas show’s tickets were also said to be worth $250 each and will be refunded to all ticket holders. Ouch!
Dion said in a statement:
“I tried to sing at my sound check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever. We thought that after a few days’ rest I would improve, but it wasn’t getting any better.”
Her doctor, Dr. Gerard Burke of UCLA Medical Centre in Los Angeles, had advised the singer to extend her rest for six to eight weeks. Dr. Burke promises that she’ll be “back to 100 percent” but this didn’t keep Celine from feeling a little disappointed in herself.
“Obviously this is the worst thing for a singer … not being able to do your shows. I feel worse knowing that I’m disappointing my fans. I’m so sorry … I hope they forgive me.”
You’re already forgiven, Celine. As you’ve sung countless times, “That’s The Way It Is”…
Photo By PR Photos