ROBERT DE NIRO‘s New York apartment caught fire yesterday after a lint in the clothes dryer had sparked flames, star news has learned.
Well, isn’t it a weekend full of celebrity accidents?
A fire broke out in De Niro‘s apartment building near Central Park in New York at around 2pm, causing his entire 5th floor to suffer severe damage after being damaged by fire, smoke and water.
Sources say the blaze was so intense that it quickly spread to the building’s 4th and 6th floors and took firefighters almost an hour to take the situation under control.
Battalion Chief Mike Meyers told the New York Post:
“The dryer in [De Niro's unit] caused the fire.”
Now what we’re really wondering is, where was De Niro when the accident happened?
Photo By PR Photos